Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Obsessive

I have a problem. I'm not quite sure how to fix it. I have a giant character flaw. I'm obsessive. The dictionary defines obsessive as "excessive often to an unreasonable degree." I guess I've always been this way, but my recent obsession is consuming my life at a horrific rate. And, it's convenient. Since I'm trapped in my home for most of the day, I find it difficult to impossible to escape the computer room, where my recent obsession lies. I'm turning into an Ebay freak!!

Because I'm on a very tight budget (often "unreasonable") I started out "browsing" on Ebay to satisfy my urge to shop yet never actually buy anything. That rapidly turned to actually buying things because I liked the idea of an auction...there's a little bit of excitement in trying to outsmart the system and getting a great deal. My friends call it the "sale high," where you buy stuff just because it's on sale. Anyway, my obsession has reached a point of selling on Ebay. That's where the warning signs of addiction emerged. Currently there are about seven boxes and Rubbermaid containers of clothes in my computer room patiently awaiting my attention. I could probably hurry them through the Ebay sale process IF I could quit shopping too!

It's a problem. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any sure-fire ways to break a bad habit?!! It's no use really. I'm sure my alter ego will just come up with something else to obsess over. I think I'll drink a Mountain Dew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home