Monday, January 09, 2006

Resolve

I'm a creature of habit. Not all good habits, I'm sorry to say. But I'm pretty stubborn and getting more and more so each day. I think my children mimic and magnify this trait well. Anyway, I decided that I'd follow my sister's advice and rather than start a whole smattering of New Year's Resolutions, I'd work on a few rather simple ones throughout January and see how I do. Baby steps to a better me. I'm not going to go so far as to list them (at least not here) but let's just say that they resemble the list I had last year. It's the 9th of January, and I'm not doing that bad. Exercise to me is a crappy goal. I know I won't do it no matter what fancy gym equipment lies in front of me or how many sporty outifts and comfy jogging shoes I own. Not for me. But I can avoid some bad habits that lead to poor health for at least this month. I can drink more water and get more sleep. And who knows, maybe by March I'll be strong enough (will power, not necessarily physical strength) to do a few situps and stints on the treadmill. If it means fitting in the clothes I have or, even better, buying new more flattering clothes, it just might "workout" for me this 2006 year! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home