Saturday, June 25, 2005

Satisfaction

There's nothing quite as satisfying as a job well done. This Friday I was in charge of a charity golf tournament for my temporary company. Although I'd never done anything like this before, I worked my butt off and used every resource I could to pull it off. By Thursday night I was so far beyond stressed that I contemplated not showing up the next day at all. However, after a late night of organizing, I managed to successfully raise about $90,000 for a local cancer charity. And we did it with almost no mistakes. After the whole thing was over and the supporters had all left, my boss came up to me and simply said, "You were awesome! Thanks for making this the best it's ever been!" Damn, that feels good! Perma-grin for a whole weekend, guaranteed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home