Monday, March 27, 2006

Rough weather ahead...bring a lifejacket.

Thursday night I got some news that I never really thought I'd hear. Cancer. No, not me. But my father. I suppose that with all of the crap already attacking our family this year (actually my whole life) I really shouldn't be surprised. But I still am.

In talking with my dad, he's put me a little at ease because apparently it's a very treatable form of cancer and they caught it unbelievably early on. While talking to him on the phone about treatments and how things will be changing he said something that struck me. He commented on how well I and my siblings handle the traumas in life that would normally de-rail people. We're just cut out to weather the really bad storms. Although I agree (my co-workers think we kids should all get together and write a book) it makes me wonder if that certainly means that we have a lot MORE we're going to have to weather and where my breaking point is. Don't even wanna go there!

For now, I'm just so grateful that my brothers and sisters and I are all such good friends and a real source of strength for each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home